Abbey Liftcare was founded in 1994. In 2000 the company was acquired by the present owner / Managing Director Ian Hickson, who then expanded the company with the acquisition of Monarch Lifts in 2007.
The Company has benefited from significant investment and experienced management. New service management and accounting systems have been installed. The company now has a completely new fleet of vans and all engineers work with PDAs.
In March 2008 we moved to our present offices in Waltham Abbey, allowing easy access to the M25 and Central London while maintaining coverage of the Home Counties and East of England.
We maintain a personal approach to customers, as this is what sets us apart from our competitors.
- Standard maintenance contracts, or bespoke contracts tailored to the client’s requirements
- 24 Hour breakdown service
- We maintain all types of lifts
- All repair work guaranteed
- Major modernisation and refurbishment works carried out from design to completion
- Public Service Buildings
- Private Residencies
- Local Authority Residencies
- Railway Stations
- Managing Agents
- NHS Hospital Trusts
- Major Property Development Companies
- Lift Consultancies
- Building Companies
- Residents Associations
- Railway Authorities
- Private and Public Companies
- Nursing Homes
- All our staff have had many years experience within the lift industry.
- Each of our managers have at least 25 years experience working with lifts
- We have sourced excellent technical experience over the last 10 years through the employment of highly motivated and skilled technicians and engineers.
- We have two operational divisions: the Service Department handles regular services and reactive breakdowns and the Repair and Modernisation Department that handles all repairs, lift modernisation and new lift installations.
- We cover London and the Home Counties, extending down towards the south coast.
- We believe that controlled geographical growth is very important so that we do not take on sites that will stretch our resources beyond their current capabilities.
- Our plans are to spread our coverage and as we do, we will resource those new areas with staff that have the same working ethos, as those we presently employ.
- Member of LEIA
- ISO 9001/2008
- 1 of only 10 lift companies in our Region awarded the Buying Solutions Framework Agreement. Buying Solutions is a government backed organisation that tendered a Framework agreement for companies that wished to be considered for all Government contracts. This initial Framework Agreement is for all NHS Trusts throughout the country.